RULES FOR BRAZEN RACING HALF MARATHON CHAMPIONSHIP AND ULTRA-HALF SERIES
It is important that one understand the difference between the Brazen Racing Half Marathon Championship race and the Brazen Racing Ultra-Half Series. The Half Marathon Championship is open to anyone. The series is for those who have run at least five of the Ultra-Half Series races, plus the Rocky Ridge Half Marathon (the series finale).
Amendments may be made as we get closer to race day, so check back again before race day to ensure you know the final rules.
FOR CHAMPIONSHIP RACE AND ALL ULTRA-HALF SERIES RACES:
1. Runners are 100% responsible for knowing the course. Under no circumstances will "time credit" be issued for runners who get lost, even if they are misdirected by a volunteer or follow another runner.
2. When there are check points (and there will be for the championship), runners must have been verified as passing through, to ensure no shortcuts (accidental or otherwise) have been taken. Final results for the Rocky Ridge will only be issued after all checkpoints have confirmed winners as having properly run the full course. Runners will share the burden of making sure checkpoint personnel can recognize and record their number.
3. Littering or any unsportsmanlike conduct will result in a time penalty or disqualification, at the discretion of the race director.
4. No runner may be aided by a pacer who is not also a participant in the race who starts with all other runners. In other words, no outside pacing.
5. In the unlikely event of a tie, prizes will be shared by both runners.
6. Refunds will not be issued for entries not used.
7. In case of any dispute or contesting of the results, the race director will review all information in as timely a fashion as possible and inform those affected of his decision. That decision will be final.
8. There are no prior races or qualifying times required to enter the Brazen Racing Half Marathon Championship Race. If you are entered into the Rocky Ridge Half Marathon, you are entered into the Half Marathon Championship race.